We are pleased to care for you at Peak One Surgery Center. Our priority is patient safety and wellbeing. Therefore, as we all get back to normal operations, we want to share important updates and changes as it relates to your upcoming procedure to keep everyone safe.
Steps to Ensure the Safety of our Patients and their Families
- Screening (may include testing for COVID-19) of our surgical and procedural patients
- Screening our staff, medical staff, and vendors daily per the CDC guidelines
- Providing masks for all staff, patients, and their one responsible adult to wear in the surgery center
- Proper cleaning and disinfecting will occur in all areas of the surgery center following guidelines from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Centers for Disease Control
- Encouraging social distancing by limiting visitors, number of patients, and vendors
- Practicing universal masking and use of proper PPE to reduce the spread of COVID-19
To take the precautions necessary to protect every patient, we will be adding questions related to possible COVID-19 symptoms to your pre-screening surgical questionnaire. Please answer them honestly. We will ask you the same screening questions upon arrival at the surgery center and take your temperature.
Should you have any positive symptoms related to COVID-19, we will take you to a private area, notify your surgeon immediately, cancel or reschedule your procedure, and ask you contact your primary care provider for additional testing and care.
We will also be screening any visitor(s) as they enter the building. Each patient will be allowed one visitor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Safety is our top priority. Peak One Surgery Center follows guidelines on masks from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local health agencies. The CDC has suggested the use of masks to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Our staff will use different types of masks and other protective equipment like gowns, gloves, and goggles in different areas depending on the unique needs of the patients we are caring for.
The CDC recommends masks in health care settings. Patients and their responsible adult accompanying them for their procedure will be given a mask if they do not have them to wear while in our facility for their safety.
For the safety of our patients and staff, we are limiting the number of visitors that can enter our facility. However, any patient having a surgical procedure will need one responsible adult to drive them to and from the facility, help care for them, and/or assist with forms and other information as needed. We may ask your responsible adult to only drop you off and pick you up to reduce unnecessary contact with others.
It is possible that an individual can have COVID-19 even if they do not have any symptoms. Testing and/or screening before procedures to rule out COVID-19 allows us to be sure we are not exposing our staff, patients, or their families to the virus or creating greater risk to the patient during a surgical procedure.
- Patients will complete their normal pre-surgical screening prior to their procedure date. Additionally, the screening will include questions related to symptoms of COVID-19. A staff member may call you for additional screening. During the screening, patients will be asked about any symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea, and loss of smell or taste), personal history of COVID-19, and possible recent exposure to COVID-19.
- Patients will also be screened for COVID-19 symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, and loss of smell or taste) when they arrive for their procedure.
Our staff uses cleaning procedures for rooms and equipment that follow directions from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Centers for Disease Control, and others. These guidelines help us choose the right cleaning supplies to use, the right cleaning processes to follow, and the timeframes to circulate air in our rooms.
Other Questions or Concerns?
Please contact your physician’s office or Peak One Surgery Center. Our staff can help answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Peak One Surgery Center Phone Number: (970) 668-1458